10 Reasons Why Couples Become Swingers
When you get into a relationship with another person, you are suppose to love that person for the rest of your life. Your lust and sexual attraction for others should cease to exist and the only person you should find sexually desirable is your spouse. As unnatural as that may sound, that is what we have been taught is the right thing. So if this is what is supposed to happen when you truly love someone, then why do some couples become swingers?
For numerous reasons, we grow older, wiser, and we have a better grasp of reality. Life is fluid and forever changing and what worked for us as a young couple changes when we grow older. Kids, work and life’s many responsibilities overwhelm us and before we know it we are left with very little time for fun, adventure and sexual exploration. This is the point at which some couples stop and reassess their relationship and some choose swinging.
Some couples will identify with all the 10 reasons why they became swingers and others only identify with a handful. What makes couples start swinging are varied and some don’t need a whole lot of reasons just the genuine pursuit of sexual exploration, a desire to make each other happy and being sexually fulfilled:
Below are the top 10 possible reasons why couples become swingers.
- Both partners desire to enjoy sex with others but still want to maintain their deep emotional bond with each other.
- To fulfil sexual fantasies that involves more than two people from threesomes, foursomes, orgies or gangbangs.
- They have been married for a long time and they are looking for new ways to spice up and add adventure and fun to their relationship.
- One or both partners want to explore their bi-sexual curiosities.
- One partner has a very high sex drive and the other partner wants to find ways to help satisfy his/her partner’s sexual appetite.
- To satisfy their voyeuristic tendencies.
- To fill a sexual void or sexual fantasies that cannot be satisfied by the other partner.
- To enjoy group sex in a safe and controlled environment, with other like minded couples.
- To experience and learn new sexual techniques that others may have to offer.
- To be around other open-minded people and to be in environments that allow them to express their sexual selves free of judgement.
Every couple has their own reason or reasons why they got into the swinging lifestyle. However, from my experience and from talking to other couples, this would be the top 10 reasons couples become swingers.
Are there any other reasons why you and your partner started your swinging adventure?